Business Development Manager Liège – Cainiao
Do you combine sales skills with 4PL experience as Business Development Manager Liege?
Cainiao Smart Logistics Network
Founded in 2013, Cainiao Smart Logistics Network (“Cainiao”) is a technology company and the logistics affiliate of Alibaba Group. We adopt a collaborative approach to logistics with an innovative and open data platform that improves efficiency and customer experience for all players along the supply chain. We carry forward Alibaba’s mission of making it easy to do business anywhere by aiming to deliver anywhere in China within 24 hours, and across the globe within 72 hours.
As of May 2018, Cainiao was one of the largest unicorn companies in China, valued at 100 billion yuan. You can describe us as a huge start-up in a multinational organisation.
We are your new great adventure. We just landed in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Liège, Paris and Madrid.
Your challenge as a Business Development Manager Liège
- Meet and exceed logistics service revenue goals
- Develop strong opportunity pipeline for sales opportunities
- Work on RFQ/RFP written responses
- Build relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities
- Marshall the resources within the company to develop creative solutions to customer needs
- Work closely with this team to develop creative solutions to customer needs
- Organize regular meetings with the client and relevant operations staff to report on performance and receive an update from client on challenges and future plans
- Develop and implement account plans for major accounts
- Identify issues before they become problems through close contact with customers
- Assure the company and customer expectations are in alignment
- Drive proactive suggestions for continuous and discontinuous improvement
- Maintain close communication with customer and operations team to assure a uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results
- 5+ years of experience with transportation sales and account management and proven track record in business development
- Solid understanding of the theory and practice of supply chain management, warehousing, customs clearance and transportation
- Experience in 3PL 4PL logistics service provider, preferably in road and airfreight section
- Ability to provide clear direction to operations support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution
- Ability to deliver good presentation
- Strong organizational skills, outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure entrepreneurial environment, willing to get hands dirty
- Fluent in English, any other EU language is a plus
- We contact you within 24 hours of your application to answer any questions you might have regarding the role and company.
- If we both think there could be a match we schedule a virtual coffee meeting
- Still happy? We evaluate your profile with your future manager and decide on the final 3 to 5 candidates to shortlist.
- You meet your future colleagues over video interview to see if the match is mutual
Our client works with Best RECRUITMENT for this vacancy.
For more information please contact Serge Claesen
Get in touch with me
About Best RECRUITMENT
Best RECRUITMENT is a specialized logistics headhunter agency, our consultants have leadership experience at senior management level and understand the challenges you face.
We aim to deliver more than recruitment.
Linkedin Linkedin Best RECRUITMENT
Visit us: Europalaan 1, Kantoor 1.18, 5684 ZC Best, NL