Cargo Operations Manager – Cainiao – Liège
Do you combine warehouse management experience and a proven track record as Cargo Operations Manager in Liege?
Cainiao Smart Logistics Network
Cainiao Smart Logistics NetworkFounded in 2013, Cainiao Smart Logistics Network (“Cainiao”) is a technology company and the logistics affiliate of Alibaba Group.
Your challenge as a Air Cargo Terminal Equipment Engineering Manager is to
- Handle a flexible job working days night and weekends
- Manage day-to-day logistics operations in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitor and organize all activities of
- Service performance
- Handling facilities
- Implement the overall service delivery program, business plan and budget provided by corporate
- Oversees customer relationships and engagement
- Develop and implement the best practice in operational processes, systems and facilities and resource deployment
- Be accountable for the KPI’s regarding the operational productivity, safety, security and customer satisfaction and service delivery excellence.
- Ensure reliable customer service delivery and best performance by providing leadership, operational direction and resources required.
- Ensure the high standards of safety and security are achieved with corporate requirements, government legislation and international best practices
- Identify industry trends, legislative and economic factors that have potential to disrupt existing service to make recommendations for business solutions and/or action plans
- Develop professional relationship with internal and external customer to ensure effective operations
- Be a close partner to the commercial team in offering professional advice regarding the service level agreements (SLAs) of relevant service contracts
- Implement a review and risk assessment process on all SOPs and working practices to identify any unsafe practice areas for quality improvement
- Be innovative and promote the introduction of new processes & product enhancements to drive quality improvement and unit cost optimization
- Be responsible for for accident investigation, reporting and statistical analysis
- Manage, take ownership and implement projects if assigned
- Any other tasks assigned by upper management
- Support and promote company’s culture
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree is a plus
- 5 years of experience of which at least 3 in leading team/project
- Cargo operations, e-commerce operations, freight forwarding, logistics, supply chain related background
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English (B2 minimum)
- Fluency in French (B2 minimum)
- Knowledge of Mandarin or other languages is a plus
- Proven track record in operational management
- Strong self-motivated, open-minded, able to work under pressure and team player
- Innovative mind and willing to face new challenges
- Effective people management and planning / organizational skills
- Customer centric
- Analytical with a good judgement
- We contact you within 24 hours of your application to answer any questions you might have regarding the role and company.
- If we both think there could be a match we schedule a virtual coffee meeting
- Still happy? We evaluate your profile with your future manager and decide on the final 3 to 5 candidates to shortlist.
- You meet 4 of your future colleagues over the course of 4 video interviews to see if the match is mutual
- Your direct manager
- Your HR manager
- Your direct manager’s manager
- A peer of your direct manager’s manager
Our client works with Best RECRUITMENT for this vacancy.
For more information please contact Serge Claesen